Once you’ve decided on a house that’s in your price range you have to decide whether to pay the seller’s asking price or negotiate for a better price. There are several things you should consider if you want to negotiate for a better price:
- The sales price on other comparable properties in the area.
- What neighborhood the home is in.
- The number of people making offers.
- Whether it’s a buyer’s market (houses are plentiful and the buyer has the advantage) or a seller’s market (houses are scarce and the seller has the advantage).
- Why the sellers are selling.
- Have the owners already found and bought another home.